Tuesday, June 09, 2009

real engineer

"Basically adhesion is the molecular force of attraction between unlike materials, similar to a magnetic force"
A formal definition taken from 3M Adhesive selection guide, a 20 pages document ready to go to trash.

This is yet again something new i learnt today from KW.

He has been working for this company for more than 20 years but being affected by recent RIF and leaving next week.

Do I work directly with him ? No.
But he is my cubicle neighbour for 9 years...except he is occupying a room.
Gossip said he screwed up, big boss X does not like him...he is crappy...bla bla bla.

But to me, I admire anyone who is real engineer inside out.
People who ask how & why. People who find out how & why.
People who believe in finding core of anything that works and cause of that does not.
People who believe knowledge is nothing until you impart it.

He had in his room all sort of things, overly cluttered, most very old things that could not bear to throw.

Those are treasures & memories....each one, big or small, but going to be gone soon.

This is the KW I know.


I know I will miss him in some way when I am keen to learn about something new & interesting.


He is the kind of people one do not come by frequently in life.

Good Luck, KW !


0 pings: